Founded in 2009, Bear Market Coffee is one of the fastest growing coffee roasters in Ireland. They pride themselves on their sourcing and sustainability, they produce coffee for coffee lovers.
What started as a stall at Blackrock Market has quickly expanded to 7 shops across Dublin and with their retail operation rapidly growing, they came to Digifly to help bring their online store and offerings up to speed.
Ecommerce Platform: Shopify
Current Email Marketing Platform: Klaviyo
Previous Email Marketing Platform: Mailchimp
- Full Shopify redesign & site build
- Migration from Mailchimp to Klaviyo and full email marketing set up
- Subscription optimisation
- Full customer support dashboard
- Shopify Stock Sync with POS system and bundling functionality
- SEO implementation
- Wholesale/B2B Setup
- GDPR compliance and growth
Prior to launching their new store, the team at Bear Market had been faced with a number of issues on their existing site. Their previous Shopify theme did not allow for them to easily update sections and pages inline with new offerings and their subscription set up involved a very manual process.
They also felt limited by their previous email platform and were struggling to connect with their ecommerce customers and grow their lists. Whilst they had established their 7 stores, they had also struggled to manage their stock between their POS and online store.
In early 2022, we began working with Bear on redesigning and building out a new site that would give them flexibility and creative control. We created sections that would allow them to easily customise pages by swapping images and text on banners and inserting new sections for product recommendations and page links without ever needing to contact our development team. Alongside this we also completed the following work:
- Migrated their marketing lists to Klaviyo and completed a full account set up including automated flows, list segmentation and email template creation.
- Optimised their subscription set up on Recharge to reduce the manual work and encourage customers to opt in to subscribe and save options.
- Managed an integration with their POS system to ensure that their stock count synced hourly with Shopify and set up bundling functionality for their product catalogue.
- Integrated and set up a full customer service dashboard connected to their Shopify, email and social channels to make it easier for their support team to manage queries all from one place.
- Setup wholesale functionality within the site to allow their stores to track and purchase large coffee quantities at reduced pricing.
- Added a GDPR compliant data suite to the site and added software that compliantly collects emails post-checkout to aid list growth.
- Conversion rate increased by 56%
- Increased the average number of orders for subscription customers by 206%
- Increased the average active days for a subscription customer by 303%
- Average campaign open rate over 55%
- AOV up by 22%
- 73% opt in rate for mailing list on post purchase page
To learn more about Bear Market Coffee, view their product range, and the story behind their brand, visit their website.